Here we are heading south on Highway 1 last spring. One of my favorite places to camp is by water. I love the sounds of waves either gently lapping or crashing in the distance, how every deep breath has the distinct smell of the ocean (ahhh) and how the vast sky & deep ocean meet in the far-away horizon...sometimes I get convinced that the world is flat! ;)
I like camping in our vanagon, we can get-away in all kinds of weather and are protected. Our first camping trip in the vanagon (aka: Poliwhirl) was down Highway 1 in a rainstorm. The four of us learned how to move from preparing a meal, to eatting it, to cleaning up, to getting ready for bed, etc...all in one space. We've performed this act so many times it's developed into a well-choreographed dance that helps us move from one transition to the other. It becomes difficult to do while one or few (or all of us) are hungry - it definitely is a form of 'family therapy'.
I enjoy cooking meals in the vanagon. In good weather I shoo Dan & the girls out of Poliwhirl until dinner is ready. In this particular spot I prepared our meal w/ a breathtaking view of the ocean AND my family playing catch football - what more could I want? In return, Dan & the girls clean up & wash the dishes.
We live a simple life while camping.
It's peaceful & tranquil...Begin-style.
No comments:
Post a Comment