Thursday, December 21, 2006

Horse Vaulting

Breana started Horse Vaulting when she was 3 1/2 years old. It was a Parks & Rec activity that she did with Kaitlin. They vaulted in this rec program off & on for 2 1/2 years. 2 years ago a friend, a Champion Vaulter herself, started a team, High Point. Breana joined enthusiastically! This was a fun team for her. Breana learned a lot, she competed in numerous competitions (did quite well!) and she discovered that this is a sport that she loved. Unfortunately it conflicts with her Comp Soccer Team during the Fall season...we do our best to make it work.

Tasha, Heide & Breana walk from one event to another.
Dan walks beside them beaming...or is that relief that he doesn't have to carry her!

Elle is the horse they vault on.
Here High Point is getting ready for the Team Compulsories.

The girls practicing their Double Freestyle on the barrel before they

compete on Elle.


Breana mounting on Elle for her Individual Freestyle w/ Holly, her Coach.


Breana's horses and her ribbons.
In November, she was recognized by the American Vaulting Association Region II for her overall score of 5.500 for the Preliminary Trot Women Freestyle placing her in 2nd and her overall score of 4.933 in the Preliminary Trot Women Compulsories placing her in 4th. (The overall score is devised by all the competitions she competed in - only 4!)
She has big dreams and she has the ability to make them happen! Watch out!

"I AM" - By Breana Begin (age 10)

I am a vaulter

I wonder if I could go worldwide

I hear my heart pounding when I compete

I see myself holding the first place ribbon

I want a vaulting horse to call my own

I am a vaulter

I pretend I'm flipping high above the horse

I feel excited but a whipping feeling in my stomach

I touch the horse's grassy tail as I land a flip

I worry that I will never compete worldwide

I cry if I do bad

I am a vaulter

I understand that I might not go worldwide

I say I am a true vaulter

I dream to be a gold medalist

I try to do my best at vaulting

I hope I will travel worldwide

I am a vaulter

I am Breana Begin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so awesome Breana!!!
I'm so proud to be your Auntie
and I look forward to reading more about you, Kaitilin and Mom & Dad!

*huggies*

Anonymous said...

Hey BeeBee!!! Great job!!! You are an *AWESOME* vaulter!!! See you later!

*mERrY cHrIStMaS*