Monday, January 29, 2007

First Camping of the year - continued...

I can't believe I never finshed posting our first camping trip of the year! Much has to do with the fact that we just went DSL and have been experiencing problems with it from the get-go...but let's not go there, ok? The problem is now fixed, that's what's important right?
So back to our camping trip...



The morning of our second day, Dan & I got up before the girls to climb up on a rock, soak up the sun, breath in the cool morning air and take in the wide open space. We camped off in Los Padres National Park beyond Fort Hunter Leggitt. We tend to favor areas that aren't designated campgrounds where we can camp off on our own - no blue tarps, no smelly porto-potties, no barking dogs, no generators, no drunken sailers 'er campers staying up all night by their smokey fires...just us in the still night with the soft glow of our vanagon.
This morning we were in no hurry to make breakfast or to break down camp so we let the girls sleep in while we checked out the manzanitas and possible hikes for the morning.
The night before after oyster appetizers, hot soup & toast (in lieu of garlic bread), we played "Oh Heck". Breana kept score which, to me, is very tricky to do and so much like her late-Gramps. He would be so proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your adventures. I always love reading about your trips.