Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Wild "currant"

Dan will have to tell you what plant this is, I forget...let me guess, currant? You see, he's our gardener - our native plant aficionado...I can't even remember to water a potted plant! Oh I prune, cut flowers and have my own gardening shears...just not good at cleaning up after myself. (Don't get Dan started!) But to my intended story...

I was looking out our front window, in between rain showers, at the...currant (?)...the first flowers after this cold winter...so I grabbed my camera and focused in on one bud - but what is that, beyond the flower?

Not quite sure, it might be a new plant emerging on its own, a volunteer...

Ah Ha! Nope, it's Dan working away at his new project (will keep you posted.) He's been sketching and pouring through his new book, "California Native Plants for The Garden".

Always busy that guy!

*

Posted by Melissa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Dan, Dan, the garden Man. If he can't grow it no one can!" Your hard work shows!