I tend to be the first one awake in our Begin household. I give myself some time to be in silence before I wake up the family. First things first, I must wake up the house by opening it up to the outside - I throw open curtains and let in the natural light and get a peek of the sunrise. I turn off night lights and intruder alerts as I make my way through the house. Lastly, I turn on the computer and open up the curtains in the sunroom. Once that is done, I'm able to break the silence by shattering the girls' lovely sleeping state. I try to be gentle about the whole procedure yet I need to be firm & persistent. The rest of the morning entails packing lunches, eatting breakfast, feeding Tiger (Kaitlin's morning duty) and getting girls dressed. I'm thankful for the close proximity of their bedroom to the kitchen for there truly is no need for raising my voice to get my point across - 'truth' doesn't always prevail here. Constant reminders of what needs to be done; brush hair, where are you socks?, yada yada yada...you'd think they'd tire of hearing my redundancy in the morning! The hustle & bustle increases as we approach their foresaken hour - more than not, the 3 are out the door, with all of their days' necessities, on time... leaving me back to the silence I started with.
All I'm left with is the whirr of the computer, the purring of the cat, and the "weather channel" in the background. Once the remains of that part of my morning are turned off, whisked away to the dishwasher, folded w/ hospital corners, cleared away to drawers & cabinets, I take a peek at a few of my favorite blogs, I publish a post on my blogs and my day begins!
...finding love in all that we do...
1 comment:
Good Morning indeed! Have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment