Thursday, June 21, 2007

Morning quality time spent together

I have never been to the dump before and would have been find spending my life with that on my resume. However, when Dan set aside an hour in his morning to go, I went with him - not to experience the dump but to spend that hour with him. We drove up Highway 1 along the coast on a beautiful sunny morning. You'd think we were going out to breakfast or a sweet outing. Not that this dump is a "dump" - it is complete opposite of 'an unattractive place where rubbish is deposited'. I was surprised at how organized it was. We were even offered assistance in dumping our 'rubbish'!

Trash Art

Now my camera was on a weird exposure - my outdoor sunny shots have been coming out with a hint of blue lately - gotta work on that. Looking past that, look at these piles! I've been to thrift stores and garage sales that have been the complete opposite - full of trash worthy junk mixed in piles & boxes with toxic grossness. (The kind where your hands are immediately sterilized!) This place didn't even smell like how I prepared myself that it would.It was too bright for the picture to turn out but while this was my view on one side of the vanagon, the beautiful pacific ocean was on the other side - it was so close, you can taste it...no breakfast but it was a "sweet outting' with my husband!

1 comment:

Nancy Dag2 said...

Ah, it's just great when time together is time together no matter where. Great pics no matter what exposure or blue tint