Saturday, June 09, 2007

Talent Show

My friend & I were in charge of the Talent Show this year. It entailed making sure the acts were age-appropriate & family friendly, singing acts were backed-up by preferably karaoke music, fitting 50 acts & 2 recesses into 3 hours and laughing the entire time. It involved a bit of work from us but it was managable.

Kaitlin was one of the MCs.

She, with her fellow 6th grade girl-friends, sang their own rendition of "So Long Farewell" from 'The Sound of Music'. Kaitlin's line was "I'd like to stay and be held back a grade, yes?" with her teacher responding, "I wish, but no!" :) They ended with, "We know we have to go to seventh grade...so long farewell..." (as they walked off the stage waving good-bye to one another)


Breana sang, "Breakaway" which was quite fitting for one who has chosen to move on to Middle School instead of spending her 6th grade at this school.

"I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly

I'll do what it takes 'till I touch the sky

And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change

and breakaway.

Out of the darkness and into the sun

but I won't forget all the ones that I love

I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway.

.

.

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly

Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye

I gotta take a risk, make a change and breakaway..."

No comments: