Saturday, June 09, 2007

Staying connected

A few days after the pool party for the kids there was a gathering just for the Moms. It was held at night when us Moms had a chance to dress up and chill down.
Although I had my camera with me, I enjoyed the conversations, the laughter, the pink-fuzzy-can't-remember-the-name-but-tasted-so-yummy drink and chose to hold that memory inside.
It was a night to honor a fellow Mom for her dedication to the school and for us Moms for making it through another school year! ;) And in a huge way another way to keep us connected and to remind us that our friendships are important. This marks the end of 7 years at this school for my family. I have met special people throughout the years - as did my daughters. It's hard to walk away knowing that I may not cross paths with some of these Moms again. It brought me back to high school when promises to keep in touch came with good intention. Hopefully with age & maturity, we act on good intention.When night fell, the scenery turned to black. Unlike the days before (picture above) when I was able to see straight out before me to the ocean, it was an endless sea of dark mystery beyond the firepit and nightlights. Quite symbolic for what lies ahead for my daughters & I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say it yet again, you are so poetic M. How wonderful that you were all able to gather.