Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A different kind of rhythmn

I have a thing for old typewriters. The *snap*snap*snap*ding*swoosh* rhythmn. The *click*pause*click*pause*click* of the keys at a slower pace so the keys don't stack up rhythmn. The special lining up you have to do if you make a mistake (after you've blown the liquid paper dry) which always leads to the keys being off-line and off to the side rhythmn.
I love the way the keys are set in a high tier. I love how you can alternate from the black ribbon to the red ribbon by a little switch.
Quite a few years ago my sister, Tisha, found a store not to far from where we lived that repaired typewriters and sold them as well. I drove by there the other day and saw that he now repairs cash registers.
From to time to time K&B bring out the typewriter from its boxy metal case. This particular time Breana brought it out to type out a story - with the good old fashion typewriter and red pen.

No comments: