Thursday, May 31, 2007

"Rider Ready?"

One morning after the girls were taken to school, Dan suggested he & I go for a ride on the tandem.
To where? (thinking something easy like a ride to the beach)
"Oh, the Arboretum. It's a simple ride I take w/ the girls"

The face below is deceiving...the word "simple" is all relative. It depends on who is using the word and in what content. I'll have to remember that next time.

It's not a simple ride - you do climb a long hill and that I was prepared for, it's right when you think the road flattens out - it's that reward for your hard work - that oasis - that the climb continues and that's what kicks your behind.

It was a beautiful day, though. It started off overcast with the promise of the sky clearing. Once we got to the Arboretum and off the bike the long arduous ride was well worth it.
Yellow Dendromecon Harfordii - i.e Island Bush Mallow (above).
Red monkey flower w/ lupine (below).

Then Dan's cue to question your readiness, "Rider Ready?"

Not ready, one more photo!

No comments: