The day was so meticulously clear & so bright. To spend a day in Chinatown isn't new for us, but to have a tour through it is a first so we were very excited. We were looking forward to being "tourist" in a city where every turn holds memories of when we took residence there. It's a City you can never lose the thrill of being in - in fact when my sister & I were in College we often looked at each other, whether it be just waking up or coming home from class or ready to step out for the night, and say "
I can't believe we live here!" That never grew old, even well into our third year of living together.

Because we never visit as tourists ;) we never have taken a picture at the Grant St entrance.
Here we had a moment to sit, watch people mill about, examine the surrounding architecture and think for the hundredth time, "I love this City!"

While taking a moment to stop during this walking tour, my eyes roamed down the street, I smiled at the eye candy and
sighed...it just doesn't get any better than this!

The sun was blazing hot. San Franciscans were wearing tank tops, shorts & flip flops. Oh how a parasol & ice cold lemonade would have done wonders! Yet the kids took in the tour, they particapated and were quite attentive.

Inside a Buddhist Temple, we shared a moment of calmness and cooled down. We were reminded to spend our life with open minds & hearts...
The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances."
Atisha.

When I can share moments like this with my daughters, I take it. I appreciate being able to be available for them. I am grateful to Dan for this.
The girls, their friend & I extended our visit in order to spend some time on Haight St at our favorite thrift stores. We drove back through the City, out to 280, up & over 17 and back home to our beloved beach town.
No comments:
Post a Comment